- General Rules
- a) The derby begins at 12:01 AM July 14th 2017 and ends at 12:00 Noon July 16th 2017.
- b) Adult Derby tickets cost $70 per person. Tickets go on sale June 1. All ticket sales end at 5 PM, Thursday, July 13th. Adult derby ticket sales will be limited to 500 total tickets.
- c) Kids 12 and under can enter the kids derby for free when accompanied by an adult ticket purchase. Kids derby tickets are not eligible for adult derby winnings and adult boat raffle. Kids must not turn 13 by the end of the derby, July 16, 2017.
- d) Kids may purchase an adult derby ticket to enter the adult derby.
- e) Adult 1st, 2nd and 3rd cash prizes and first, second and third prizes in the kids derby are as described in the Derby literature; other prizes may change.
- f) The first fish recorded at a given weight wins a tie. Ties will be decided by time of entry. A coin toss will decide identical times. Fish will be marked after weigh-in. All fish must be whole and fresh caught and may not be altered in any way. Any fish showing signs of having been altered, frozen or in any way unnaturally preserved will be disqualified. Any fish entered may be retained by officials until the awards ceremony Sunday afternoon. All fish are subject to inspection at official’s discretion.
- g) Contestants must show a valid derby ticket and a valid Washington State Saltwater Fishing License and a valid Washington State Salmon Card showing the catch properly recorded before entering a legal fish in the derby.
- h) All contestants must fish according to the applicable laws of the State of Washington. Fishing is limited to Marine Area 7 as defined by the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife. If any person aboard any boat that has derby contestants fishing does not have a derby license or proof that they purchased one, including children, and skippers and mates aboard charter boats, all ticket holders aboard that boat will be disqualified from the derby. Provided that infants and small children not angling (and not in possession of a WDFD Catch record Card) shall not be required to have a ticket.
- j) Each participant will receive a small flag with their ticket packet. This flag must be flown in a visible manner aboard the vessel that participant is fishing from at all times. This is to identify the number of participants on board that vessel. Derby officials shall have the right to question participants if it appears more than the legal number of contestants are on board a vessel while fishing.
- k) All adult ticket holders will automatically be entered in the 2017 Northwest Salmon Derby Series boat giveaway.
- l) All fish must be transported to an official weigh station only by water.
- m) Contestants will only be allowed to weigh in their daily limit each day. i.e. The legal daily limit for Chinook Salmon is one, so you can only weigh in one Chinook each day.
- n) No contestant may win more than one “ladder” prize (i.e. a prize based on the size of the fish) regardless of the number or size of fish entered. This does not apply to the secret weight prizes or other giveaway/raffle prizes. First, second and third place winners in the adult derby will be awarded the cash prizes and need not be present at the awards ceremony to claim their prizes. All other consolation prizes will be awarded to those present at the awards ceremony. Names of the winners will be called based on the weight of their fish from highest to lowest. All disputes will be decided by derby officials, whose decisions will be final.
- o) All winners are responsible for any taxes that may be due as a result of winning the prize and shall be required to submit to derby officials any tax identification information, including Social Security numbers, in order to qualify for prize. Merchandise prizes shall have no cash value. All prizes shall be final at the time of award.
- p) By entering the Derby and/or entering to win the 2017 Derby Series Grand Prize Boat, each angler or participant acknowledges and agrees that his or her contact information may be made available to sponsors including West Marine, Hewes Craft, Inc., Honda Marine, Inc. and Northwest Chevy Dealers; and each entrant further acknowledges that he or she may be contacted by the Derby Series sponsors. Anglers and participants who prefer not to be contacted by sponsors should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising the Northwest Salmon Derby Series not to share their contact information with third parties
- q) All disputes will be decided by derby officials, whose decisions will be final.
- r) All tickets are non-refundable
2. Weigh Stations.
Bellingham – Squalicum Harbor Boat Launch. The weigh station will be set up near the top of the boat launch and will be open Friday from 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM and Saturday
from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM and on Sunday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon.
Deer Harbor. The weigh station will be set up near the Harbor Office and will be open Friday and Saturday from 12:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Awards ceremony. The awards ceremony will be held Sunday, July 16 th at Squalicum Harbor in Bellingham in the area adjacent to the Port of Bellingham Offices in Harbor Center. This is the area inside the walkway near the Squalicum Harbor Boat launch and Gate 10. Food and drinks will be provided. The food starts at 12:00 PM and the awards ceremony will start at 1:15 PM.
The winners of the first, second and third place cash prizes need not be present to collect their prizes. If you do not attend the awards ceremony you will be responsible to contact a derby official to make arrangements to get your prize after the awards ceremony. No prizes will be awarded before the awards ceremony. Winners of the first, second and third place prizes for the kid’s derby do not have to be present at the awards ceremony to collect their prizes. If you do not attend the awards ceremony you will be responsible to contact a derby official to make arrangements to get your prize after the awards ceremony. Derby officials will attempt to contact absent winners after the derby.
All other prizes and awards will be given away at the awards ceremony. Prizes will be awarded to derby entrants in order from the largest fish down to the smallest fish weighed in. If any prizes remain after these prizes have been awarded, a raffle will be held with all remaining tickets and all remaining prizes will be raffled away to those present.
- Responsibility. Anyone entering the Derby, or providing assistance to Derby Officials or contestants, agrees to hold the Derby Committee, sponsors, and officials harmless for any damages or claims which may arise; and, in particular, if you choose to participate, you agree that you are responsible for your own safety. This Derby is independent of the Northwest Marine Trade Association – which is sponsor of the Northwest Salmon Derby Series, and which is responsible for all Series matters, including boat giveaways. The Derby is not responsible for any changes that may be required due to factors beyond Derby control. The Derby Committee shall have final word on any disputes regarding Derby rules, awarding of prizes, or other Derby matters. Contestants who observe a violation of Derby Rules should report it immediately to Derby Officials. Violators will not be eligible for prizes, and will be barred from future competition.
- Photo/Video Release
I hereby give permission for my image and content to be videotaped and captured during our meetings and events through video, photo and digital camera, to be used solely for the purposes of Puget Sound Anglers (Organization) promotional material and publications, and waive any rights of compensation or ownership of thereto.